Thursday, May 10, 2018

"Teacher Tom, Ask Me A Question"



He approached me, his arms crossed, brow low. "Teacher Tom, ask me a question."

For the most part, I strive to ask the children I teach very few questions. Or rather, when I ask them questions, I want them to be real questions, ones to which I don't already know the answer, instead of the sorts of testing or rhetorical or otherwise stupid questions adults most frequently ask around schools. So I decided to go (mostly) with the big ones.

"When is the first day of the rest of your life?"

"Elephant."

"What is the meaning of life?"

"Ninjas."

"Who is the best baseball player?"

"Ichiro."

"What is the best color?"

"All of them."

"Rainbow?"

"No, all of them."

"Who is the most important person?"

"All of them."

"What is the most important time?"

"Snack time."

"What is the most important thing to do?"

"Wake up."

"Why do you want me to ask you questions?"

"So you will have answers."

And now I do.

I've just published a book! If you are interested in ordering Teacher Tom's First Book, click here. Thank you!

I put a lot of time and effort into this blog. If you'd like to support me please consider a small contribution to the cause. Thank you!
Bookmark and Share
-->

No comments: